Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Program Assistant (PA) positions are held by experienced staff whose acquired knowledge and skills enable them to independently undertake diverse and complex work assignments.
• With only routine supervision, the PAs work closely with other staff within the unit to make a significant contribution to the overall achievement of the unit’s work program.
• In addition to performing the full range of office support work within a team, a significant part of the job entails provision of some specialized support (e.g., database management, knowledge management, task management, major event/course planning, etc.).
• Provide assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in specific areas, e.g. task management, procurement, scheduling, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
• Identify and resolves diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
• Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental, VPU and institutional guidelines. PAs also mentor less experienced staff.
• Participate in developing project/product time lines, using appropriate software.
• Attend meetings, drafts minutes and ensures timely clearance and distribution. Provide updated information on resource status of project/products (e.g. procurement, disbursement, audit, trust fund/co-financing, and legal issues) and drafts a variety of standard project-related correspondence.
• Monitor task budget/trust funds for specific projects on behalf of the team.
• Participate in mission field work as required.
• All PAs in the Islamabad Office report to the Operations Adviser, but on a functional day to day basis would look to the relevant Program Leader, Senior Operations Officer, and Task Team Leaders for guidance.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience.
• Experience in a similar role at a high functioning support level will be preferred.
How To Apply:
• If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?pagePK=8454041&piPK=8454059&theSitePK=8453353&JobNo=161446&contentMDK=23158967&order=descending&sortBy=job-req-num&location=ALL&menuPK=8453611&JobType=Administrative&JobGrade=GC