World Food Programme, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Bangladesh Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2017-2020 approved by the WFP Executive Board in its first session of 2017 became effective on 1 April 2017. It aims to contribute to four Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to four Strategic Results of SDG 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development). A total of 13 activities are planned to be implemented to achieve the contributions to the five Strategic Outcomes.
- Under the Integrated Road Map (IRM) WFP has committed to a new way of working, linking not only all activities to the defined Strategic Outcomes, but also linking the resources used for implementing the activities to the results achieved.
- At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
- The incumbent must have the motivation to work in the field/camps; needed to frequently visit the camps/field.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
This job is located in Cox’s Bazar and reports to Sr. Programme Associate. The incumbent will be responsible for following duties :
- Coordinate WFP’s school feeding programme operations (school meals, logistics, CS activities, WASH and nutrition in schools, food safety etc) to ensure school feeding operations run smoothly and programme accountability and assurance is consistent.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) at the school level and provide feedback to school on the spot for improvement and corrective measures
- Support in designing and implementing emergency programmes related to school feeding as dictated by the context and need.
- Work across teams to enhance the planning, delivery and measurement of programme quality, including the implementation of oversight and evaluation related actions, strong programme documentation and the identification of gaps and solutions.
- Participate in Country Office and other sub office coordination mechanisms to strengthen operational coordination for effective implementation.
- Organise and participate in regular field missions to provide oversight and support to school feeding operations in the field.
- Oversee WFP’s school feeding operational partnerships to support cohesive results, including operational partnerships with NGOs, government and UN agencies.
- Assist in compliance with donor and corporate requirements including regular donor reporting, workplans, missions and other requests.
- Support the enhancement of WFP’s school-based programmes through the integration of gender, AAP, disability, environment as cross cutting themes.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete monitoring tasks .
- Receive and collect comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis
- Perform other duties as per requirement
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and/or post-graduate in English, Education, Social Science or any other relevant field. Advanced professional degree in education is preferable.
At least four years of progressive responsible work experience where two years’ experience in :
- Primary Education
- Implementation of literacy program
- Partners’ activity monitoring
- Experience working directly on academic improvement and enhancing the capacity of teachers will be considered as an asset.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems eg. COMET. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration
- Responsible for monitoring of programme interventions
- Work closely with logistics unit to monitor monthly resource release and pipeline
- All tasks related to cooperating partner workplan payments and paperwork
LANGUAGE : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla .