IRC, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the activities, budget management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting with an emphasis on ensuring the timely and high-quality achievement of the project goal and objectives by the respective partners. The project coordinator will take lead in communication and coordination with local partners to ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
The Project Coordinator will report to the Health Coordinator. He/ She will directly supervise the health system strengthening managers at field sites while coordinating with the Deputy health coordinator and field coordinators to ensure smooth implementation. He/she will be stationed in Kampala with 50 % travel to the field sites.
Duties and Reponsibilities
- Supervise a proper and timely implementation of the SRH - CONCACE project according to agreed policies and donor requirements.
- Prepare and regularly update all project tools, including work, spending and procurement plans;
- Ensure overall budget monitoring and analysis, financial management and expense control for the project in line with IRC and donor rules and guidelines.
- Ensure the planning and implementation of all procurement related to the project with the responsibility to ensure that procurement is timely and in line with donor requirements.
- Enhance the quality of programming throughout the project cycle through project review meetings, program quality initiatives (gender analysis, stakeholder mapping exercise, etc), and program quality checks.
- In collaboration with Deputy health coordinator, M&E, finance, supply chain department etc. ensure the implementation and the monitoring of the achievements of the project.
- Ensure the implementation of client responsiveness and accountability mechanisms (participation and effective communication of beneficiaries at all stages of project cycle).
- Provide donor reports to Grants department, as well as internal reports/requests for information in a timely manner.
- Provide supportive supervision to the Health system strengthening Managers; and other health program staff to develop work plans for implementation of approved grants.
- Support the field teams in the implementation and monitoring of the work plans ensuring that activities reflect the commitments IRC made to the donor and community.
- Create staff development plans for all direct reports in collaboration with the human resources department and contribute to the training of health staff (mentoring, on-the-job sessions as well as formal trainings).
- Develop/organize training opportunities to build the capacity of the health staff and local partners in order to transfer skills. This includes staff training in program management areas such as reporting, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation, and supervision.
- Serve as focal person for the sub granted partners, in close coordination with Grants department.
- Organize monthly / quarterly project meetings, monitoring visits and spot checks, between partner representatives, technical advisors, M&E and support functions, both at field and Kampala-level, as required.
- Manage oversight for financial and administrative management of the project, ensuring compliance by all partners (sub granted) with all relevant donor and organizational guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Facilitate provision of training for project staff on relevant guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that partners provide regular reports and consolidate to provide periodic status updates on the project implementation progress, challenges and planned mitigation measures.
- Manage the development of the partner’s communication and advocacy strategy and promote the use of partner’s-generated knowledge and learning.
- Working closely with Health Coordinator, represent the project in all relevant technical working group meetings, and all relevant national, district or settlement-level meetings.
- Maintain close and good relations with all relevant stakeholders including: OPM, UNHCR and other relevant UN organizations, local authorities, Ministry of Health and other line ministries, donors, NGOs, CBOs and other partners.
- Ensure proactive engagement and facilitate formal meetings with key stakeholders including with relevant government authorities.
- Coordinate internally within IRC on a regular basis with support departments, including Grants, Supply Chain, Finance, HR/Admin and M&E.
- Degree or Master’s in international health, public health, or related field.
- Experience 2 years working in Sexual reproductive health and health system strengthening in humanitarian setting.
- Minimum 4 years field experience in management positions in INGOs
- Significant exposure and experience of successfully working and managing local partners
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels
- Demonstrated skills in financial management – with knowledge and experience in managing complex budgets and ensuring donor compliance
- Experience in successfully managing various forms of partnerships with stakeholders, including national and local authorities, UN agencies, local NGOs, etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- A dynamic and flexible individual with ability to multitask and who can work under pressure
- Team player
- Familiar with IRC’s PEERS an advantage
- Strong budget management abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel, power-point presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel to insecure areas within the constraints of IRC Uganda's security policy.