Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS Myanmar has a shared Support Services team. Within Shared Services, the Admin Unit provides a range of administrative services supporting MMOC program and fund implementation. These services include travel and logistics, inventory, asset and supply management, custodial, common premises and transportation services. Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Analyst, the Administration Assistant provides support to the Admin Unit for seamless service delivery and smooth office operations.
- Researches and retrieves statistical, budgetary, financial and procurement data from internal and external sources; prepares statistical charts, tables and reports, extracting data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Compiles information for periodic audits
- Provide backup support to the administrative team in absence of other team members or upon request of the supervisor.
- Organizes storage, preparation of documents for UNOPS orders received, all necessary documentation, and implementation of follow-up actions
- Accurate and timely information on processes and pending issues to the concerned individuals/unit.
Inventory, Asset Management and Common Premises
- Conducts physical inventory checks, drafting periodic inventory and asset reports;
- Acts as Custodian for management of office supplies including maintenance of stock list of office supplies, distribution of office supplies as required by staff, keeping a log of distribution and preparing monthly consumption reports.
- Collects information for administrative services in support to the organization of common services.
Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in Administration.
- Contribute feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively
- Maintain Admin Unit’s documentation, records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Sort and Categorize Files
- Remove duplicates and finalize each file/case
- Collate all documents to be discarded in accordance with UNOPS file retention policy
- Participate in and follow instructions of related activities that will ensure completion of archiving project.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Administration Assistant directly affects the overall efficiency of the team’s provision of administrative services, impacting the capacity to efficiently and effectively support MMOC operations. Timely and accountable delivery of services ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the Admin Unit and Shared Services as an effective service provider. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in Myanmar.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent discipline is desirable. In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years of administrative/document management/operational experience in procurement, finance and administration, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Experience working in Enterprise systems and in Google environment is desirable (G drive, Google Sheets and Google Docs).
- Full working knowledge of English and Myanmar language is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset