United Nations Office for Project Services, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Closing Date for Applications:
BACKGROUND INFORMATION - JOB-SPECIFIC
- UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the capacity of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient way.
- Within these three main areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with transactional, advisory and implementation services on projects ranging from the construction of schools and hospitals to the procurement of goods and services or the training of local staff. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure greater economic, social and environmental sustainability in the projects we support, with a special emphasis on developing national capacity.
- The Intern will provide support to the Administration and / or Finance area of UNOPS Argentina under the direct supervision of the Head of Support areas (HoSS) and in coordination with the administration and / or finance focal points.
- Specifically, your collaboration and participation in the following activities is expected:
- Collaboration in the review of the attached payment support documents;
- Support in monitoring the office service contracts (security, telephony, rent, cleaning, etc);
- Collaboration in the control, filing and monitoring process of Petty Cash and Operational Advances;
- Support to activities in support of the Security focal point for Argentina;
- Support in monitoring, control, expiration of documentation related to office assets, Asset Management;
- Support in the procedures of AFIP, IIBB and other tax processes as required;
- Support for tasks related to tickets and per diem;
- Support in updating information, reports and dashboards of the support areas;
- Support in the monitoring and review of guarantees and policies;
- Any other support function that the person in charge of the area deems necessary.
- A continuous and specific training plan is offered in the practice of finance - administration, the supervisor will carry out a personalized follow-up promoting the professional development of the intern during the period of collaboration with the UNOPS Argentina office.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- Final year students or recent graduates are required in the university careers of Administration, Accounting or related areas.
- It will be valued to provide a university degree at the bachelor's level in the aforementioned disciplines with a maximum of two years of graduate at the time of application.
- Experience in using MS Office and / or G Suite packages and applications is required.
- It is considered a plus to provide experience in the use of dynamic tables, databases and dashboards.
- It is considered a plus to provide experience of at least one year in the provision of support services in the financial and / or administrative areas.
- Spanish language proficiency is required.
- Knowledge of the English language is desirable.