United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
BUDGET AND FINANCE:
- Provides support with respect to the review, analyses and preparation of the budgets and performance reports for regular budget, support account and extra budgetary resources;
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions;
- Undertakes research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies;
- Assists in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments and redeployments as necessary; coordinates justifications for redeployment request with offices;
- Monitors integrity of various financial databases;
- Prepares request to Controller's Office on redeployment of funds and to Finance section on movement of funds;
- Prepares consolidated monthly expenditure reports;
- Process fund distribution received from HQ and input allotment advices;
- Keeps records and statistics of past expenditure trends.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- Oversees the maintenance and tracking of post vacancies.
- Monitors staffing tables and prepares relevant statistical data/charts.
- Drafts routine correspondence to respond to inquiries with respect to relevant administrative and personnel matters.
- Coordinates with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
- Performs other related administrative duties as required (e.g. operational travel programmes; monitors accounts and payments to individual contractors for services).
- May be responsible for guiding, training and supervising the work of more junior General Service staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) or the Global General Service Test (GGST) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices away from Headquarters.
- A minimum of seven years-experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources, or a related area is required.
- Experience in finance and budget is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations is desirable.