UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Content Creation
- Communication supportive functions
- Content innovation
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS:
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
Content Creation: Help Create fully-fledged social media campaigns in accordance to the Social Media Calendar requirements and in alignment with the global and local digital media strategy.
Duties & Tasks
- Creative theme development for local campaigns campaign and localizing themes for global campaigns.
- Allocating resources and appropriate content tools (photos, info graphs, videos, etc.) that fit the campaign nature and required impact.
- Providing enough amounts of different types of content to meet the requirements of the Social Media and Website calendars in collaboration with the social media team.
- Data gathering and verification (field visits and live coverage might be needed).
- Developing text content of individual posts and their captions in English and Arabic.
- Coordinating with different content implementers (designers, videos editors, photographers, etc.) to ensure the posts quality, timely delivery and alignment with UNICEF digital guidelines.
- Content clearance with the sections.
Communication supportive functions: Provide support to the communication team through various tasks related to the content upon necessity.
Duties & Tasks
- Produce concept notes and briefings.
- Give inputs to other sections regarding communication-related content to improve the output creativity and amplify impact.
- Community management support upon need.
- Assist in the overall performance evaluation and enhancement by working on creating TOR, establishing indicators, doing desk reviews and other tasks as required.
Content innovation: Explore different innovative tools for content creation and regularly updating the team with new trends and potentials to strengthen UNICEF digital media existence.
Impact of Results:
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the Communication Officer ensures that a strong Communication platform is provided to the respective sections, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by advisors and specialists in the team.
Competencies and level of proficiency required:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Specific Technical Knowledge required
- Knowledge of social media environment, marketing/advertising, public relations and analytic tools.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
Common Technical Knowledge required
General knowledge of:
- Knowledge and expertise in management, Communication strategy and networking with focus on working in digital media.
- Computer systems, including internet navigation, office applications, Photoshop, and specifically, interactive digital media.
- Good understanding of world affairs, current events and international development issues.
- Good understanding of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women
- Gender equality and diversity awareness.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Persuading and Influencing
- Learning and Researching
- Relating and Networking
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
Education: University degree in Communications, Journalism, Arts or other relevant discipline(s), is required.
- One year of practical professional work experience in creating digital content for various channels (including social media and/or websites) and handling different social media platforms, including community management.
- Professional experience of content management systems and websites content management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver within strict deadlines.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Arabic and English, both oral and written is required.