Deputy Project Coordinator
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is based in the FAO office in Peshawar. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of the Project Coodinator. And International Project Coordinator, and in close coordination with Technical Staff, the incumbent will ensure a timely and effective implementation of project activities.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office is necessary.
- Project Management (designing, implemention and overseeing)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work with and assist the Project Coordinator, where appropriate.
- Be responsible for supporting the Project coordinator to manage field teams
- Be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient planning, implementation and monitoring
- Assist the project coordinator in coordination, collaboration and integration of DFID III, Pillar 1 project
- Ensure and assist the project coordinator in timely, effective and coordinated implementation of project activities in conjunction with the agreed work plan;
- Undertake follow-up action and support to the project coordinator on advocacy and programme implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports.
- Assist the project coordinator in ensuring participation in technical cooperation meetings, follow-up actions and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring
- Assist the Project Coordinator in selection and compilation of training and orientation, as well as development of IEC (Information, Education & Communication) for project target groups and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide support to the project coordinator in effective monitoring, coordination and supervision of the physical and financial progress of partners contracted by FAO through Letters of Agreement (LoA).
- Support the project coordinator to ensure close and timely follow up on use performance management, including timely achievement of performance objectives and reporting as per the required standards.
- Support project coordinator in timely and effective delivery of services to target population, ensure their timely reporting, clearance and payment processing.
- Assist the project coordinator in routine, monitoring/evaluation, missions planning, facilitation and reporting.
- Assist the project coordinator in timely follow up with lead technical officer of FAO and senior manager FAO country office to ensure timely delivery of trainings to targeted beneficiaries and project stakeholders in quality and timely manner.
- Represent FAO on behalf of project coordinator in various coordination meetings, workshops and partnership dialogues.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Master’s degree in management/ Social Sciences or related discipline.
- 7 years’ relevant experience after qualification and demonstrated skills in project management with the ability to deliver results under tight and conflicting deadlines.
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Open to change and ability to manage complex situations.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time - meeting goal and objectives of the programme.
- Having Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills, and strong spirit of teamwork
- Experience implementing food security/livelihood projects
- Experience in Pre and Post emergency settings
- Experience in managing consortium projects.
- Experience working in conflict settings
- Working experience of Merged Districts (Ex FATA) with language proficiency in Pashto, English and Urdu
- Local Male/Female candidate will be preferred