Internews , London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
About the role
The Executive Assistant will be based in our London office, with time shared between general office management duties and support to the CEO and Senior Director of Finance & Resources. The role will rarely be the same from day to day and will therefore provide ample opportunity for the job holder to acquire new skills and on-going professional development.
Due to current circumstances the breakdown of duties may be more heavily skewed to Executive Support while the London office remains closed due to Covid-19 concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities
Executive Support (60%):
- General Executive Assistance for the CEO & Senior Director of Finance & Resources: Diary management, travel planning/booking, expense reimbursements, support to/attendance at external meetings and general correspondence.
- Formatting and proofing of written & financial reports.
- Other corporate (ad-hoc) special projects as required.
- Ad-hoc assistance for Board and Committee meetings where required.
- Support the organisation of Internews events.
- Managing speaking engagements for the CEO.
Office Management Duties (40%):
- General administration as required: call handling, front door, post etc.
- Support of facilities management: oversight of cleaning and maintenance contractors, management of office supplies and procurement.
- Facilitating work from home set-ups and procurement.
- Facilitating new starter set-up in collaboration with HR & IT.
- Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe, tidy and professional office environment at all times.
- Ensuring the office is health and safety compliant with collaboration with HR.
- The applicant must demonstrate how they meet each of the requirements below through their application and at their interview.
- A commitment to the highest standards and service in professional administration
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, and build collaborative working relationships
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to gain trust of senior colleagues through careful handling of confidential information, acting with the utmost discretion at all times
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and manage time effectively
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate a calm, confident and flexible approach to work
- Proficient in Microsoft and other common software application packages
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority and public profile
- Relevant higher academic qualification/s or equivalent professional experience
- Working experience in other international development NGOs or similar organisations
- Knowledge of international development, independent media and/or issues around the freedom of information
- Additional international language skills, especially French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian