Finance and Administration Officer
Internews, Tunis, Tunisia
Closing Date for Applications:
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is seeking a Finance Officer for a USAID-funded media support project in Tunisia. The Finance Officer provides technical expertise on budget monitoring and will work closely with the Regional Accountant – MENA and Business Officer – MENA on spending trends and adherence to budet. Responsible for all finance, accounting and administration for the project in Tunisia, the Finance officer will oversee adherence to proper approval procedures for the Tunisia office. This role will follow up on the delivery of funds as required, and report to the Regional Account – MENA (Middle East and North Africa).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE
- Monitor program accounting and documentation to ensure ompliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures;
- Manage all accounting entries in the financial system;
- Monitor all payments to different stakeholders;
- Monitor financial reporting and compliance requirements, alerting the Project Manager and Business Officer of spending trends that indicate a lack of adherence to budgets;
- Prepare monthly projection for the Tunis office;
- Ensure timely submission of wire transfer requests (WTRs) for approval;
- Responsible for cash and bank account reconciliation, as well as tracking business advances to project staff;
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash in a secure location for small financial transactions;
- Oversee banking transitions, including deposits, bank statement collection and wire processing in adherence with approval procedures;
- Maintain banking files, including a list of signatures and agents of the Tunis office;
- Ensure compliance with local regulations as regard financial and other matters (e.g. – taxation, labor laws);
- Monitor program expenditures against budget forecasting for planned expenditures throughout project lifecycle;
- Monitor activities budget for programs in collaboration with the Project Manager;
- Communicate and coordinate with program management and team, responding to financial questions and providing mentoring and assistance as needed;
- Support the Regional Accountant – MENA and Business Officer – MENA to ensure project complies with all administrative requirements, donors’ regulations, laws including local laws and requirements for local staff;
- Manage the month end closing cycle;
- Support the Project Manager and HQ team in overall Human Resources management;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work and reside in Tunis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in international projects, finance management, and financial analysis; contract management experience desirable;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects an asset;
- Experience managing and/or training staff;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability;
- A high degree of computer literacy, especially Excel;
- Fluency in English, French, and Arabic required.