United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, France
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall authority of the Director, Bureau of Human Resources Management, the supervision of the Head, Centre for Learning & Partnerships’ Development, and the guidance of the HR Officer (Learning), the incumbent will provide support services in a range of specialized tasks related to the provision of learning and development activities for the staff of the Organization, and to the administration of the Internship programme. In particular, the incumbent will do the following:
Learning & Development
- Participate in the design and delivery and follow-up of a wide range of learning & development programmes and activities, including virtual and in-person instructor-led training, online materials and other approaches.
- Assist participants of learning & development programmes and activities, by making recommendations of online or instructor-led training, and responding to enquiries.
- Assist with workshop logistics for in-person and online instructor-led training, including developing communication materials. Provide production and facilitation assistance in virtual events, such as through Zoom, and logistical assistance for in-person events.
- Administer learning & development activities through the learning management system to ensure efficient participant management. Create and run relevant reports on the learning & development initiatives, and present analytics in an appropriate format to enable decision-making by the supervisor.
- Test and publish new materials on the learning management system, and transform learning content into an appropriate format, using authoring tools, Microsoft Office, or video/audio.
- Administer the internship programme, including providing process and technical assistance to both candidate interns and hiring supervisors, acting as a key contact to all stakeholders during the internship, and at separation from the Organization of the intern.
- Ensure adherence to the internship policy and practices, and suggest modifications to internship processes and practices as needed.
- Carry out administration of the internship platform, providing technical assistance to the users where required, and solving technical issues raised in cooperation with the technical services concerned. Generate statistical reports from the platform for the supervisor and colleagues.
- For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Completed secondary, technical or vocational school.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in administration, learning and development, recruitment and selection, or a related field.
Skills and competencies
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated through an ability to prioritise and plan activities, and to coordinate with colleagues as required.
- High level of attention to detail, including when working to tight deadlines and / or with a range of data and information sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated through an ability to assist with facilitation of learning events, interact with all stakeholders, and provide advice on various aspects of learning & development and internships.
- Ability to take the initiative, and an understanding of when to liaise with other colleagues before taking action.
- Discretion, integrity and an irreproachable respect for confidentiality.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to adapt writing style for the audience.
- Strong IT skills, including with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other.