Human Resources Officer
International Organization for Migration, Tunisia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Resource Management Unit the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), and in close coordination with the Human Resources Division at Headquarters (HQs), Resources Management Unit in the Regional Office in Cairo, Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), the successful candidate will work closely with the Human Resources (HR) Unit in IOM Libya to support and coordinate the human resources functions of the County office (CO).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the HRO in reviewing and monitoring the Human Resources Management services in the Country Office (CO) in accordance with the Organization’s HR rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the region.
- Supervise the maintenance of personnel files and attendance records of international, national and sub-contracted staff in the CO.
- Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the CO’s HR and training database.
- Coordinate the recruitment processes in the CO in close liaison with the HRO and Head of Resource Management (RM) and provide support to the CO in filling the appropriate staff and non-staff vacancy needs and ensuring relevant recruitment procedures are effectively and swiftly applied.
- Ensure that new staff are sufficiently briefed, including thorough and appropriately updated “Welcome Package”, and able to assume functions at the CO in a timely fashion.
- In coordination with the HRO, ensure timely and regular implementation of the Country Offices Staff Evaluation System (SES) and encourage and provide guidance for the timely completion of the performance management process between staff and supervisor in compliance with the Organization’s deadlines
- Assist the HRO to coordinate the planning and organizing of staff development and training and activities for the CO in close collaboration with Human Resources Management/ Staff Development and Learning (HRM/SDL). Collaborate with line managers to assist in establishing staff development and training priorities and plans. Deliver induction and other forms of trainings to staff.
HR Policy and Advisory
- Coordinate with HQs, MAC and the Finance team on issues related to the benefits and entitlements of Staff.
- Assist in ensuring that the Third-Party Contracts (CTG) is implemented.
PRISM HR Administration
- Monitor the contractual status and the administration of entitlements of local staff in the PRISM HR module.
- Assist in supervising the preparation of the monthly payroll for national staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist the HRO and Head of RM in the preparation of administrative reports that may be required in coordination with the Heads of Units/Programmes.
- Discuss audit recommendations on HR matters and in coordination with the HRO and Head of RM, implement them upon instruction within the HR function.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management, Recruitment, Organizational Development;
- Experience in field emergency operations.
- Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking;
- Good knowledge of IOM/ UN human resources and financial policies and staff rules and regulations;
- High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP (PRISM HR) is an advantage.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.