Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Support Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Support Assistant works in close collaboration with the Front Office, UN staff in the One UN House, UNDP Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UNDP HQ staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services;
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented workplans.
Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades;
- Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis;
- Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis;
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implement trouble-shooting and monitoring of network (Internet & PABX) problems;
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups;
- Monitor and ensure internet availability 24/7.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials;
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
- Provision of ICT support to all official forums and UN key events;
- Provision of support to all UN staff to ensure Business Continuity.
Provides web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to the maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet;
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for UNDP and other UN agencies upon request and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
Technical/ Functional Competencies:
- Ability to develop, support and maintain applications.
- Ability to write, assemble, and compile computer code.
- Ability to identify, preserve, collect, process and review information from electronic data sources.
- Knowledge of enterprise recovery concepts and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations.
Information Systems & Technology (General)-
- Knowledge of IST innovations and concepts and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations.
IT Continuity & Disaster Recovery-
- Ability to manage IT continuity and disaster recovery.
IT Customer Support-
- Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance.
IT Security Management-
- Knowledge of IT security management concepts, processes, and innovations and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months;
- Relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification). Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP);
- University Degree in Computer Science is an advantage.
- Secondary education with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, including network working knowledge of Office 365, administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications;
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years of experience in above areas.
- Fluency in English and Samoan both written and verbal.