United Nations Volunteers, Fiji
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Information Management Unit, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks, within limits of delegated authority:
Description of Tasks:
- Manage internet services and connections
- Configure workstations using Windows Operating Systems and provide support for Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Manage IT users' helpdesk and support when requested.
- Perform installation of office equipment, desktop computers, and wireless devices. Provide support to the maintenance of other related equipment and software applications
- Assist in procurement of hardware and software as required.
- Installation of Windows operating systems
- Troubleshooting antivirus and spamware related issues
- Manage cloud-based document management systems
- Setup and provide maintenance and ad-hoc support for printers
- Provide IT/Communication support for conferences and meetings. This includes printing material, setting up laptops with projectors, connecting with skype, video and teleconferencing
- Work with UNDP on common UN Internet and network services
- Provide a wide range of IT troubleshooting and software usage support services to staff.
- Maintain OCHA Pacific Corporate website
- Configure and provide support on wireless devices such as smartphones and iPad etc.
- IT Administration and backup support
- Maintain records for ICT equipment, office equipment, and accessories
- Maintain service log for ICT equipment, office equipment, and accessories
- Participate in ICT meetings with other agencies.
- Support Informational Management unit with data collection and analysis as required
- Support the office in disaster response when needed
- Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Educational additional comments
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years experience or Advanced Diploma with a minimum 4 years of progressive experience in Information Technology and Management
- Required experience
- 24 Months
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent