Background Information - Job-specific
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility. Within the Enterprise Application Center (EAC)/New York programme, this post will report to the Information Systems Officer or his designate in the Web Services Development Group in architecting and developing Drupal websites. S/he will assist with customization or development, as well as maintainance of Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 modules and libraries; will assist with the requirements gathering and review; assist with the migration of existing websites from a variety of WCMS platforms to UN standards based Drupal 7 and 8 websites; will assist with incident and problem resolution with Drupal websites.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent will directly work under Information Systems Officer or his designate in New York and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with the development and the maintenance of full-life cycle implementations of Drupal-based solutions providing support to a focus on maintainability, reliability, scalability, security, and performance.
- Assist the Manager with the performance of site-building activities, including assistance with creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs.
- Provide assistance to the theme of responsive Drupal 7 and 8 websites and applications as per UN branding, accessibility, and multi-lingual standards.
- Help the Information Associate with the work related to the evaluation of user requirements, designs, and wireframes during the design and user experience phase.
- Support the preparation of technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results
This initiative will help support the development of a continuously maintained and enhanced Drupal UN plaform with a common core. It will also support the rapid delivery of new low cost feature enrich departmental websites in an Enterprise hosted environment. The initiative will also track UN website standards compliance KPI’s as part of the ICT strategy and the website governance project.
- Completion of secondary education (High School diploma);
- A first level university degree would be an asset and may compensate for some of the required number of years of experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in providing assistance to design, development, implementation and maintenance in developing Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 web sites
- is required with a high school degree.
- Experience in assisting with the development of responsive websites using frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Proficiency in using Git for source control management.
- Experience with Agile project development and product delivery.
- Experience with REST API integrations
- Experience with MySQL and MariaDB databases.
- Ability to use wire-frame and modelling tools like Visio and UML.
- Knowledge in automated testing, automated deployment processes, and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as PRINCE2.
- Fluency in English is required for this post.
- Knowledge of one or more official UN languages will be considered an asset.