Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The Investment Specialist (Syndications)supports the mobilization of financing from commercial sources (banks, insurance companies, institutional investors and other entities) to ADB’s non-sovereign (i.e., commercial/corporate) clients by originating, structuring, executing, and syndicating debt, and maintaining relationships with commercial financiers. The incumbent will report to Advisor, PSOD and Head, GSU and will supervise national and administrative staff.
- Supports financing from commercial sources and identifies financing partners during transaction design;
- Supports syndicating/distributing transactions involving ADB’s non-sovereign clients in the infrastructure and financial sectors; and
- Works with other financing parties to effectively originate and execute loan syndications including B loans, parallel loans, risk transfers and debt funds.
- Supports and contributes to promoting the innovative application of commercial financing and risk sharing structures for effective resource mobilization and market development;
- Participates in building relationships with major commercial lenders, institutional investors, insurers and the commercial arms of multilateral and bilateral agencies;
Strategy, Planning and administration
- Recommends and implements improvements to ADB’s commercial cofinancing policies, strategies, guidelines and practices; and
- Contributes to the administration and reporting of ADB’s mobilization products.
- Contributes to efforts to increase awareness of ADB’s mobilization products among other financing parties and ADB Regional Department staff;
- Collects relevant pricing data in support of pricing of non-sovereign debt transactions;
- Participates in preparing staff instructions and other materials on mobilization products; and
- Contributes in preparing related in-house seminars and workshops, updates of commercial financing transaction briefs, manuals, brochures and other publications.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- University degree in a business or finance related field; preferably at post-graduate level or its equivalent
- At least 6 years of relevant professional work experience in project, corporate and/or structured debt finance, including hands-on experience in originating, structuring, executing, or working with syndicated debt, project finance transactions for infrastructure, PPP, and/or financial sector debt transactions
- International experience working in development in several countries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Level 3 and 4.