Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist
United Nations Volunteers, Juba, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
For this particular position, the scope of work requires experience and in-depth understanding of gender equality and women's empowerment issues, as well as programming implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation expertise, to translate UN WOMEN's strategic plan and Annual Work plans into effective development initiatives and results. It also requires developing mutually reinforcing partnerships with relevant Government counterparts, UN agencies, CSOs, and with bilateral and non-traditional donors in order to promote inter-agency partnerships, support for UN reform, and mobilization of visibility and resources to advance gender equality and women's empowerment. Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Representative, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure compliance with corporate programme and project management requirements (including planning, monitoring, evaluation and research plan, results management system (RMS), donor agreement management system (DAMS) and LEADS):
- Coordinate and support Result Based Management (RBM) and M&E based programme and project formulation including annual work-planning and reporting exercises in line with UN Women corporate requirements, the country office’s SN and Annual Workplans;
- Maintain, coordinate and ensure compliance of the programme and project setup and in Atlas and other corporate systems (such as RMS, DAMS, LEADS, etc.) and provide accurate and timely input information into these systems as required.
- Effective monitoring and reporting of the country programme and related projects:
- Establish and manage internal systems for effective and efficient programme and project monitoring and reporting, both internal to UN Women and for Implementing Partners;
- Monitor on a regular basis country programme including annual and quarterly reports, ongoing monitoring of overall financial status of country programming;
- Undertake regular field visits to ensure compliance and timely execution of the planned monitoring and evaluation by various programme team and partners;
- Support the programme staff with effective use of tools and methodologies for planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Provide technical advice and support at the design stage of programmes/projects to facilitate monitoring during programme implementation;
- Develop, update, manage and monitor monitoring frameworks for the key programme cycle documents such as the UN Cooperation Framework, and SN, and participate in the UN M&E Working Group;
- Ensure Quarterly monitoring in RMS are done timely and accurately;
- Support to value-for-money monitoring, including tracking of resources towards outcomes;
- Coordinate timely and appropriate reporting.
- Implementation and management of audit and evaluation policies, strategies and processes:
- Direct responsibility and accountability for planning, management and oversight of thematic, country programme/project evaluations and other types of evaluations conducted in the Country office;
- Keep track of all planned activities in the monitoring, evaluation and research plan (MERP);
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan;
- Serve as the country office focal point to the Evaluation Unit in the Regional Office;
- Develop evaluation tools and processes, innovative approaches in evaluation that meet the requirements of UN Women and train staff and partners to use it;
- Promote evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the country office;
- Provide evaluation feedback into policy/project/programme design, including comments on various documents.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate programme unit’s application of best practices & advocate UN Women South Sudan successful experiences in results-based monitoring & evaluation as well as substantive areas of expertise through global knowledge networks;
- Undertake regular field visits to ensure compliance and timely execution of the planned monitoring & evaluation by various programme units and partners;
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader country office knowledge management;
- Ensures that important programme related communications or knowledge on M&E and evaluations is uploaded on the related web portals and Sharepoint.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, M&E, gender/women’s studies, international development, public policy, international relations.
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years of Work experience in the field of M&E and project management;
- At least 5 years of work experience in gender related field and a previous experience in working in a post conflict situation preferable. Experience in South Sudan will be a value added;
- Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality, equity and women empowerment in general and in South Sudan in particularly;
- Experience working within the UN is an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge