Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Operations Assistant will work directly with the Country Manager with particular emphasis on operations and strategy, client orientation and aid effectiveness, and have the following specific areas of responsibility:
• Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the Malawi Portfolio and Analytical and Advisory Activities, working directly with client and project teams and providing advice and input to the Country Manager as appropriate.
• Produce clear, high-quality portfolio reports for management to identify strategic insights about trends, opportunities and issues.
• Work with key stakeholders understanding needs for portfolio information and develop a system to address those needs.
• Provide rapid response to corporate requests for analysis on portfolio performance.
• Review documentation and ensure adherence to regional and Bank guidelines, processing procedures and requirements, and provide quality enhancement of documentation to be cleared/approved by the CM/CD, liaising and providing feedback on proposed corrections/edits to the relevant Task Teams.
• Review Implementation Status and Results (ISR) reports and prepare draft comments for the CM/CPC.
• Participate as a key member of the Bank’s team preparing the new Country Partnership Framework. Participate in the in-country and World Bank group consultations and strategy sessions as the new program is developed over the next year. This will give candidate thorough hands-on understanding of how WBG country programs are designed and developed.
• Provide operational support to all Bank operations in Malawi-includes assisting the Country Team in project supervision, implementation support, preparation of new projects and analytical work, client and donor coordination and problem solving. Significant opportunities for field work, local travel and operational experience.
• Participate in CMU portfolio meetings and take part in preparation of briefs for the high level visits, RVP Quarterly Briefs, Annual Meetings briefs and other IDA related activities.
• Participate and ensure contribution on behalf of the Bank to overall/cross-cutting donor coordination in line with Paris and Busan commitments.
• Participate in policy and program/project management discussions with internal and external clients.
• Minimum Education: Degree level in a directly relevant discipline (e.g. economics, finance, business administration) OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of five years relevant work experience.
How To Apply:
• If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?pagePK=8454041&piPK=8454059&theSitePK=8453353&JobNo=161605&contentMDK=23158967&order=descending&sortBy=job-req-num&location=ALL&menuPK=8453611&JobType=Professional%20%26%20Technical&JobGrade=GD