Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Procurement team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective procurement management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Procurement Officer to join our procurement team in Khartoum, Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract at the SC 8 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the International Procurement Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Procurement, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support procurement programs and operational activities such as issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts, procurement of non-food commodities and/or services, including construction.
- Contribute to analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Conduct research and analysis on a range of data, and produce substantive reports providing insight and recommendations to Procurement Officers and enabling informed decision-making.
- Support auditing of procurement activities to ensure conformity with compliance rules;
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs;
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of non-food commodities and services;
- Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with simple analysis and queries;
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Act as an escalation point, liaising with suppliers and providing solutions to complex issues related to delivered goods, using initiative and following process, to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only.
- Advance University degree (Master) in Economics, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree (Bachelor) with additional relevant years of working experience.
- At least one year of relevant post graduate experience in the field of Procurement Management for holders of an advanced university degree or two years’ relevant post graduate experience in the field of Procurement Management for holders of a first university degree.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Sound understanding of country requirements and public procurement principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage construction contracts.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the supplier network and business needs to effectively select vendors that meet the selection criteria.
- Ability to collect, collate and report records relating compliance to assist in analysis of audit findings.
- Hands on experience in UN regulations and policies in work is a plus.
- Having supervisory experience.
- CIPS certification in Public Procurement is desirable.