World Food Programme, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
- Completion of tasks related to the implementation of WFP’s operations regarding a specific range of activities under the School Feeding & Nutrition Programme in addition to supervising the implementation of CBT modality.
- To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under School Feeding and Nutrition:
- Coordinate with Cooperating partners /Government counter parts for implementation of nutrition and school feeding program activities.
- Assist in organizing and conducting trainings in Nutrition and School feeding for Cooperating Partners and Governmental Counterparts.
- Assist in preparation of governorate-wise, partner-wise, monthly and quarterly allocation plans, projections for food commodities and non-food items.
- Support Commodity Management and Tracking in coordination with logistics and partners to ensure timely food dispatches to EDPs/FDPs & schools.
- Assist with timely submission of reconciled, monthly distribution reports (along with invoices where necessary).
- Assist in updating and maintenance of Programme data on monthly bases for various reports. (Reports may be needed on weekly or on ad-hoc basis)
- Coordinate with M&E for monitoring updates and feedback.
- Undertake monitoring visits and follow up of issues in field and coordinate with HOSO + CO to support resolution.
- Assist in conducting coordination meetings, Programme review meetings.
- Provide support in development of IEC material and reporting formats, briefs and presentations.
- Provide support in organizing Programme planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions
- Perform other related duties or assignments as required and delegated by the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required.
Under CBT Field Coordination:
- Participate in the planning and management of the beneficiary data collection.
- Support and monitor the beneficiary data collection process, to be carried out by the CPs in coordination with the activities focal point.
- Carry out data cleansing, extraction, analysis and uploading of the beneficiaries in SCOPE in coordination with the activities focal point.
- Manage all data related to beneficiaries and distribution at FO level.
- Extract and provide data to the concerned focal points and CPs.
- Coordinate with the technical team in CO for any SCOPE technical issues.
- Ensure provision of needed equipment for CPs and retailers.
- Organize printing of the beneficiary cards at FO and CO level and deliver the cards to CPs.
- Follow up on any system related issues with cooperating partners and retailers.
- Provide technical support and training to partners and retailers.
- Support the preparation of plans for new CPs and in coordination with CO and HoFO.
- Prepare and send comprehensive reports to CO and activity focal point.
- Perform other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of relevant working experience.
Language: Fluency in written and oral communication in Arabic and in English.