World Vision International(WVI), Hhohho, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Outputs/Responsibilities (Accountabilities and results)
PLANNING AND CONTROL:
- Coordinate finance planning and reporting meetings with program managers
- Participate in periodic finance management meetings
- Identify skills gap amongst grants staff on financial systems in collaboration with the project managers
- Maintain financial and monitoring systems that comply with World Vision partnership and Donors policies and regulations in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over grants resources and all financial operations.
- Carry out sub grantee financial assessment, financial compliance training, and regular financial reviews.
STEWARDSHIP, ACCOUNTABILITY AND QUALITY FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Review all purchase requisitions before approval by Program manager
- Review travel and business advance balances for program staff
- Follow-up unsettled travel advances with staff to ensure timely reconciled.
- Consolidate procurement plans for grants projects in line with approved budgets
- Monitor completeness of procurement documentation and procedures.
- Validate program coding for accuracy, completeness and authenticity
- Review and evaluate effectiveness of work methods, procedures and personnel in grants management
- Advise Program Manager and grants staff on expenditure status and trends on monthly basis
- Visit area program sites to ensure that grants supplies inventory records are maintained appropriately
Financial Systems Management:
- Implement the Global Centre financial system initiatives relating to budgeting, disbursement and income management (GEMS, LEAP Budget templates, Sunsystems.
- Project Core Reports, PBAS templates, Horizon, Bank Reconciliation Templates, LDR, S2P etc).
- Prepare grant budgets in LEAP finance budget standards or donor required format to meet finance standards for grants, grant budget proposal and ensure that each donor covers their fair share of administration costs before they are submitted to donors.
- Enter approved budget in MyPBAS before initiating spending against approved budget.
- Reconcile Sunsystems budget with MyPBAS and grant budget in coordination with Project Managers, close follow up with Support Offices are done to avoid delay in the implementations of project activities and over and under-spending.
- Prepare and manage grant cashflow and expenditure projections in consultation with program manager to ensure smooth operation of the grant and timely implementation of activities.
- Consolidation and approval of annual budgets for grants and cash-flows in collaboration with Program manager
- Analyze actual project spending against approved budgets and alert management of irregularities and make recommendations
- Input budgets into Sunsystems and Horizon
- Maintain an up to date Grant funding matrix and financial expenditures showing all funding received and expenditure incurred to-date for grant operations.
- Monitor timely submission of Grant Approval protocol to the Region for any new Grant opportunity.
- Consolidation of monthly funding requests and their timely submission to the national office
- Prepare funding cashflow forecast to ensure adequate cash is available every month
Procurement and Payment Processes:
- Review grant procurement purchase requisitions for compliance with donor regulations, proper coding, correctly approved, processed and recorded, including verifying budget availability for all expenses and completeness of documentation, track procurement of capital assets for grants, maintain and update asset register, asset disposal and inventory control sheets to safe guard grant assets.
- Advise Program Manager on funds availability prior to authorization of procurement and payment requests
- Prepare accurate cost allocation sheets for utilities in the cluster on monthly basis
- Reconcile monthly general ledger reconciliations for high level of stewardship
- Prompt payment of suppliers and service providers
- Correct payment made for goods/services received within agreed payment period
- Prepare monthly cash-flow forecasts for grants with planned expenses and income to ensure smooth operations.
- Provide guidance to tender committee in procurement of grant items in compliance with donor regulations.
Accounts Payable Systems Management:
- Tracking and timely payment of creditors per FM to ensure clearance of outstanding balances at month end.
- Accrue expenses of E10,000 and above on monthly basis to ensure accurate accounts are maintained
Cash and Banking:
- Monitor cash balances for smooth running of the grants activities every day
- Update list of bank signatories in a timely manner
- Mentor and coach staff on grant financial policies, procedures and grants financial management in general.
- Indentify finance capacity needs for program staff and ensure the capacity is built.
- Build capacity of program committees and Community Based Organizations on grants financial management
Asset, Stocks and Inventory Management:
- Maintain and update fixed asset register bi-annually.
- Maintain of stack records of ministry supplies in stock book
- Provide guidance to management on procurement and management of grants assets.
- Reconcile fixed asset records to the general ledger on a quarterly basis
- Reconcile inventory count to sunsystem
- Minimum Educational level required: Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Preferred Educational Requirement: Professional Accounting certification
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired
- Experience: 3 years of experience in Accounting field, NGO experience an added advantage
- Grants management certification.
- Experience in managing donor funds especially USAID funded
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Other: Working Knowledge of Accounting Packages required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field and national Office
- Travel: 5% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/swaziland/finance/project-accountant/5385