The UFA Rural Communities Foundation has launched a call for applications to present the 2020 Rural Communities Foundation Grant.
The mandate of the foundation is to improve the sustainability of farmers and ranchers in Alberta. The foundation is looking to fund projects with a focus on recreational and cultural facilities and programs. Projects must not duplicate existing services.
The UFA’s Rural Communities Foundation Grants support projects that:
- Align with one of the three funding categories of Recreational, Educational Events and Activities, or Cultural Facilities and Programs;
- Enrich the rural life of agricultural, farming and ranching community members who live within 200km of a UFA location;
- Represent a capital project that can be completed within two years;
- Are planned to be available and accessible for community use;
- Have a demonstrated need and show positive impact within the community; and
- Do not duplicate existing services.
A minimum of $10,000 up to a maximum of $100,000 will be awarded to the successful applicant(s).
Eligible Organizations operating within the province of Alberta, including:
- Federal charitable organizations registered with Canada Revenue Agency (must have valid registration number);
- Non-profit entities formed under the Alberta Society Act or similar legislation;
- Canadian-based non-profit organizations partnered with a Canadian municipal government that will accept the Grant on the Applicant’s behalf; or
- Community service-oriented co-operative formed under the Cooperatives Act (Alberta) or similar legislation.
Groups Ineligible for funding include
- Religious or politically affiliated organizations
- Those that do not inclusively benefit members of their community
- Those promoting projects that will have adverse environmental impacts, to be determined by RCF in its sole discretion
- Third-party fundraising campaigns and professional solicitors
In no more than 3 additional pages, please provide:
- An executive summary of your project, including key project dates and activities;
- A description of how you plan to promote the project;
- A description of how the project will benefit the community;
- A brief description of how you will allocate requested funds;
- Other sources of funding (please list funders, pending amounts and/or amounts raised to date); and
- Any additional supporting information